ISO IEC 27032 Lead Cyber Security
ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager course.
This five day intensive course enables the participants to develop the knowledge and competence needed to support an organization in implementing and managing a Cybersecurity program based on ISO/IEC 27032 and NIST Cybersecurity Framework. This training will enable participants to have an overview of Cybersecurity, to understand the relationship between Cybersecurity and other types of security, and stakeholders’ role in Cybersecurity. This course can be used as guidance for addressing common Cybersecurity issues, and it presents a framework that enables stakeholders to collaborate on resolving Cybersecurity issues.
Who should attend?
Information security experts.
Project managers wanting to manage the Cybersecurity program.
Technical experts wanting to prepare themselves for Cybersecurity functions.
Persons responsible to develop the Cybersecurity program.
• To understand and acquire comprehensive knowledge of the components and operations of a Cybersecurity program in conformance with ISO/IEC 27032 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
• To explain the goal, content, and correlation between ISO 27032 and NIST Cybersecurity Framework as well as with other standards and operating frameworks.
• To master concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques to set up, implement, and effectively manage a Cybersecurity program within an organization.
• To be able to interpret the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27032 in the specific context of an organization.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to plan, implement, manage, control, and maintain a Cybersecurity program as specified in ISO/IEC 27032 and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
• To develop the expertise to advise an organization about the best practices for managing Cybersecurity.
• To strengthen personal skills that are necessary for the establishment and maintenance of a Cybersecurity program.
Day 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity and related concepts as recommended by ISO/IEC 27032.
• Course Objectives and Structure.
• Standard and Regulatory Framework.
• Fundamental Concepts in Cybersecurity.
• Cybersecurity Program.
• Initiating a Cybersecurity Program.
• Analyzing the Organization.
Day 2: Cybersecurity Policy and Risk management.
• Cybersecurity Policies.
• Cybersecurity Risk Management.
• Attack Mechanisms.
Day 3: Cybersecurity Controls, Information Sharing and Coordination.
• Cybersecurity Controls.
• Information Sharing and Coordination.
• Training and Awareness Program.
Day 4: Incident Management, Monitoring, and Continuous Improvement.
• Business Continuity.
• Cybersecurity Incident Management.
• Testing in Cybersecurity.
• Performance Measurement.
• Cybersecurity Incident Response and Recovery.
• Continual Improvement.
• Lead Manager Certification Scheme.
• Closing the Training.
Day 5: Certification Exam
Knowledge about information security and related concepts is preferred.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Practical exercises based.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
• The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager” exam completely meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and definitions of Cybersecurity.
Domain 2: Guidance for initiating, implementing, and managing a Cybersecurity Program.
Domain 3: Guidance for roles and responsibilities of stakeholders in Cybersecurity.
Domain 4: Cybersecurity Risk Management and Cybersecurity Controls.
Domain 5: Monitor all activities related to Cybersecurity Program.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager” exam is available in English only.
• Duration: 3 hours.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager Exam.
• After successfully completing the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager” exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Provisional Cybersecurity Manager, Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Cybersecurity Manager, or Certified ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager, depending on their level of experience.
• A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO/IEC 27032 Manager Certifications.