ISO IEC 20000 Lead Auditor
Mastering the Audit of an IT Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an IT Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011; the certification process according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit programs, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
Who should attend?
Auditors wanting to perform and lead IT Service Management System (SMS) certification audits.
Project managers or consultants wanting to master the IT Service Management System audit process.
Persons responsible for the IT Service conformity in an organization.
Members of an IT Service team.
Expert advisors in IT.
Technical experts wanting to prepare for an IT Service audit function.
• To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 20000 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines.
• To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 20000 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to manage an SMS audit team.
• To understand the operation of an ISO 20000 conformant IT Service Management System.
• To know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL.
• To understand the relationship between the IT Service Management System, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
• To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, risk assessment, and audit decision-making in the context of an SMS.
Day 1: Introduction to Service Management System (SMS) concepts as required by ISO 20000.
• Normative, regulatory, and legal framework related to IT Services.
• Fundamental principles of IT Service.
• ISO 20000 certification process.
• IT Service Management System (SMS).
• Detailed presentation of clauses 4 to 10 of ISO 20000-1.
Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO 20000 audit.
• Fundamental audit concepts and principles.
• Audit approach based on evidence and on risk.
• Preparation of an ISO 20000 certification audit.
• SMS documentation audit
• Conducting an opening meeting.
Day 3: Conducting an ISO 20000 audit.
• Communication during the audit.
• Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration, and evaluation.
• Audit test plans.
• Formulation of audit findings.
• Documenting nonconformities.
Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 20000 audit.
• Audit documentation.
• Quality review.
• Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 20000 audit.
• Evaluation of corrective action plans.
• ISO 20000 Surveillance audit.
• ISO 20000 internal audit management program.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 20000 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 20000 and ITIL is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Practical exercises based on a full case study including role-playing and oral presentations.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
• The benefit of the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
Examination and Certification
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of IT Service.
• Domain 2: IT Service Management System (SMS).
• Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles.
• Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 20000-1 audit.
• Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 20000-1 audit.
• Domain 6: Closing an ISO 20000-1 audit.
• Domain 7: Managing an ISO 20000-1 audit program.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
• Duration: 3 hours.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO 20000 Lead Auditor Exams.
• After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Provisional Auditor, PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor, or PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor depending on their level of experience. Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors.
• A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO 20000 Lead Auditor Certification.