ISO IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
Mastering the implementation and management of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security), and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
Who should attend?
Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
ISO/IEC 27001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Security Management System implementation process.
CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks.
Members of an information security team.
Expert advisors in information technology.
Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security function or for an ISMS project management function.
• To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001.
• To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System.
• To understand the relationship between the components of an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls, and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing, and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27001.
• To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security.
• To improve the capacity for analysis and decision-making in the context of information security management.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS.
• Introduction to management systems and the process approach.
• Presentation of the standards ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 27002, and ISO 27003 and regulatory framework.
• Fundamental principles of Information Security.
• Preliminary analysis and establishment of the level of the maturity level of an existing information security management system based on ISO 21827.
• Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an ISMS.
Day 2: Planning the implementation of ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
• Defining the scope of an ISMS.
• Development of an ISMS and information security policies.
• Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment.
• Risk management: identification, analysis, and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO/IEC 27005.
• Drafting the Statement of Applicability.
Day 3: Implementing ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
• Implementation of a document management framework.
• Design of controls and writing procedures.
• Implementation of controls.
• Development of a training & awareness program and communication about information security.
• Incident management (based on guidance from ISO 27035).
• Operations management of an ISMS.
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring, measuring, and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS.
• Controlling and Monitoring the ISMS.
• Development of metrics, performance indicators, and dashboards in accordance with ISO 27004.
• ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Audit.
• Management review of an ISMS.
• Implementation of a continual improvement program.
• Preparing for an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
Examination and Certification
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
•Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security.
•Domain 2: Information security control best practice based on ISO 27002.
•Domain 3: Planning an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
•Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
•Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring, and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
•Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
•Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
• Duration: 3 hours.
• For more information, refer to the section on ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Exam.
• After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer, PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer, or PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience
• A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
• For more information, refer to the section on ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification.