ISO IEC 20000 Lead Implementer
Mastering the implementation and management of an IT Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an IT Service Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005. Also, the participant will gain a thorough understanding of best practices for planning and implementing IT Service Management processes starting from the six fields of ISO 20000, planning and implementing new and changed services, service delivery process, relationship management processes, problem resolution process, control processes and release processes. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with ISO 20000-2 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an SMS) and ITIL.
Who should attend?
Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an IT Service Management System (SMS).
ISO 20000 auditors who wish to fully understand the IT Service Management System implementation process.
Persons responsible for the IT Service or conformity in an organization.
Members of an IT Service team.
Expert advisors in IT.
Technical experts wanting to prepare for an IT Service function or for an SMS project management function.
• To understand the implementation of an IT Service Management System in accordance with ISO 20000.
• To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques allowing effective management of an IT Service Management System.
• To know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL.
• To understand the relationship between the IT Service Management System, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing, and maintaining a Service Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 20000:2005.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team in implementing the ISO 20000 standard.
• To acquire the personal skills and knowledge necessary to advise an organization on the management best practices of an IT Service Management System (SMS).
• To improve the analysis and decision-making capabilities in an IT management context.
Day 1: Introduction to IT Service Management System (SMS) concepts as required by ISO 20000; Initiating an SMS.
• Introduction to management systems and the process approach.
• Presentation of the ISO 20000 family of standards and comparison with ITIL V2 and V3.
• Fundamental principles of IT Service.
• Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of an existing IT Service Management System based upon ISO 21827.
• Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an SMS.
Day 2: Planning an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Definition of the scope of an SMS.
• Definition of an SMS policy and objectives.
• Documentation of the processes and procedures.
• Service level management.
• Budgeting and accounting for IT services.
• Competence management.
Day 3: Implementing an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Change management.
• Configuration and release management.
• Capacity and availability management.
• Service continuity and security management.
• Incident and problem management.
• Operations management of an SMS.
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring and measuring, and improving an SMS; certification audit of an SMS.
• Controlling and Monitoring an SMS.
• Development of metrics, performance indicators, and dashboards.
• ISO 20000 Internal Audit
• Management review of an SMS.
• Implementation of a continual improvement program.
• Preparing for an ISO 20000 certification audit.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 20000 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 20000 and ITIL is recommended.
• This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Practical exercises based on a full case study including role-playing and oral presentation.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
• To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
Examination and Certification
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of IT Service.
• Domain 2: IT Service Best Practice based on ISO 20000-2.
• Domain 3: Planning an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Domain 4: Implementing an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring, and measurement of an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Domain 6: Continual improvement of an SMS based on ISO 20000.
• Domain 7: Preparing for an ISO 20000-1 certification audit.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
• Duration: 3 hours.
• For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB section on ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Exams.
• After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Provisional Implementer, PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Implementer, or PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience.
• A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Certification.