Master the project management based on ISO 21500.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing Guidance on Project Management as specified in ISO 21500:2012. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement and manage project management processes.
Who should attend?
Members of a project management team.
• To understand the implementation of projects in accordance with ISO 21500.
• To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, techniques, and processes allowing effective project management according to ISO 21500.
• To understand the relationship between project management and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization.
• To acquire the competence to initiate, plan, implement, control, and close a project as specified in ISO 21500.
• To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 21500.
• To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in project management.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 21500 and project initiation.
• Introduction to Project Management.
• Terms and definitions related to Project Management.
• Project Management standards, frameworks, and methodologies.
• Project Management concepts and their relationships.
• Project Management processes.
• Initiation of project management processes.
Day 2: Planning the processes as specified in ISO 21500.
• Develop project plans.
• Define scope, create work breakdown structure, and define activities.
• Estimate resources and define project organization.
• Sequence activities, estimate activity durations, and develop a schedule.
• Estimate costs and develop a budget.
• Identify and assess risks.
• Plan quality.
• Plan procurements.
• Plan communications.
Day 3: Implementing the processes as specified in ISO 21500.
• Direct project work.
• Manage stakeholders.
• Develop project team.
• Treat risks.
• Perform quality assurance.
• Select suppliers.
• Distribute information.
Day 4: Controlling and closing the processes as specified in ISO 21500.
• Control project work and changes.
• Control scope.
• Control resources and manage the project team.
• Control schedule.
• Control costs.
• Control risks.
• Perform quality control.
• Administer procurements.
• Manage communications.
• Close project phase or project.
• Collect lessons learned.
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 21500 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 21500 or Project Management is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Practical exercises.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
• To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Framework of Project Management.
• Domain 2: Project Management processes based on ISO 21500.
• Domain 3: Planning a project based on ISO 21500.
• Domain 4: Implementing a Project based on ISO 21500.
• Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring, and measurement of a Project based on ISO 21500.
• Domain 6: Project Management Knowledge Areas ISO 21500.
The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
• Duration: 3 hours.
• For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam.
• After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 21500 Provisional Project Manager, Certified ISO 21500 Project Manager, or Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager, depending on their experience level.
• A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
• For more information, refer to the PECB section on ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification.