Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Quality Management System (QMS) as specified in ISO 9001:2015, as well as ISO 9004 (Managing for the sustained success of an organization -- A quality management approach). The participant will learn the different components of a QMS, including the QMS quality manual, required procedures, records, measuring performance, management’s commitment, internal audit, management review, and continual improvement.
Who should attend?
Members of a Quality team.
Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Quality Management System (QMS).
Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 9001 standard.
Staff involved in operations related to a QMS.
• To understand the implementation of a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001.
• To understand the relationship between a Quality Management System and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
• To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques allowing to effectively management a Quality Management System.
• To acquire the necessary knowledge to contribute to implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) as specified in ISO 9001.
Day 1: Introduction to Quality Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 9001.
• Introduction to the ISO 9000 family of standards.
• Introduction to management systems and the process approach.
• Fundamental principles of Quality Management.
• General requirements: presentation of clauses 4 to 8 of ISO 9001.
Day 2: Implementing requirements from ISO 9001:2015 and Certification Exam.
• Implementation phases of the ISO 9001 framework.
• Continual improvement of Quality.
• Conducting an ISO 9001 certification audit.
• Certification Exam.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation.
• Practice tests similar to the certification exam.
• To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
Examination and Certification
The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Quality Management.
• Domain 2: Quality Management System (QMS).
The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Foundation” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
• Duration: 1 hour.
• For more information about the exam, refer to the section on the ISO 9001 Foundation Exam.
A certificate of “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Foundation” will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
For more information about the ISO 9001 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to the section on ISO 9001 Foundation Certification.